The Electric Plant Board of the City of Glasgow (GEPB) is seeking to add a Dispatcher to its Engineering Department.
In this position you will:
- Receive customer calls regarding cable, internet, and power services in emergency and non-emergency situations. These calls will be related to outages, billing, and payments.
- Relay messages and answer phones and radios during normal working hours.
- Track and monitor department crews by radio, telephone, in-person, and utilizing the Network Fleet.
- Inform crew of the type of outage, and location of work to be performed at each job.
- Map and blueprint reading.
- Operate the SCADA system.
- Create work orders to schedule repairs.
- Maintain a log of radio transmissions, telephone calls, and other pertinent information and facts, and input them into a computer.
- Prepare and carry out electric switching orders to isolate specific areas of the electric system.
- Troubleshoot power, cable, fiber optic, and internet issues via telephone.
The successful candidate must have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- Independent judgement, analytical abilities, and detail-oriented qualities.
- Ability to be customer focused and to resolve conflicts in an inclusive, calm, and transparent manner.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking environmnet.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional working relationship with all employees and departments.
- Ability to communicate openly with a professional demeanor – excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Attention to detail and ability to handle high amounts of quick turnaround information.
- Ability to work independently and be an effective team player who contributes positively to the end goals and maintaining interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and be proactive.
- Have a willingness to work on-call and work in the field as required.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Annual performance reviews
- Cafeteria Plan, including access to health/dental/life/vision/long-term disability insurance.
- Paid personal leave plus eight holidays, a floating holiday, and birthday.
- KPPA state retirement plan and optional Deferred 457 Retirement Plan
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $31,200-$40,242 per year
- 8-hour shift, Monday to Friday, must be flexible due to outages and emergency situations.
Ability to commute/relocate: Glasgow, Ky 42141: Reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work. Employees must reside within a 30-minute radius of the Glasgow Electric Plant Board’s main office. (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Glasgow Electric Plant Board is an equal opportunity employer and fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. The Glasgow Electric Plant Board does not discriminate against associates or applicants because of race, color, genetic information, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, military status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, familial status, or other characteristics protected by law. Equal employment is extended to all person in all aspects of the associate-employer relationship including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, discipline, reduction in staff, termination, assignment of benefits, and any other term or condition of employment.